NC Injury and Disability Lawyer
Call Us: 828-255-0569

Workers Compensation Attorney in North Carolina

If you’ve been hurt in a work place accident, you might be worrying about a lot of things.  How will I pay my bills while I’m out of work?  What if my boss wants me to come back to work before I am ready?  Can they fire me for getting hurt?

If you are hurt on the job, you have the right to receive competent medical care.  You also have the right to receive 2/3 of your weekly Ruth Smith Asheville Workers Compensation Lawyercheck if you are unable to work due to your injury.  If you are unable to return to your old job, you have the right to get help in finding a new job.

Worker’s Compensation is a very complex area of law, with an entirely different court system ( NC Industrial Commission) and an entirely different set of rules.  Some employers follow the rules, and treat their injured workers fairly.  Unfortunately, many employers do not, and try to save money by cutting corners in a worker’s compensation case.

If you have been injured on the job, our law firm can help make sure that your rights are protected, whether that be making sure you get the medical care you are entitled to, making sure your income is protected, or seeing that you go back to work at a job that is suitable for you.

We know that calling an attorney can be difficult.  We will be glad to talk with you about how we can help.  The Ruth Smith Law Firm promises you that our conversation will stay private.  If you know you are ready to hire an attorney, Ruth Smith can usually begin working on your case as soon as our first meeting is over.  There is never a fee for a consultation, and if you do hire our firm, the fee comes from the worker’s compensation payments, so you never have to “write a check”.

We hope, that if you need us, you will call.  The Ruth Smith Law Firm will be there for you.